Orthopaedic Surgeon Near Me
Looking For The Best Orthopaedic Surgeon Near Me
Dr. Lalit Modi is the highly experienced Orthopedic Surgeon with 15+ years of rich experience. If you are looking for the best orthopedic clinic in Jaipur, Dr. Lalit Modi's, JaipurJoints is undoubtedly one of the best orthopedic surgery clinic in Rajasthan.
Dr. Lalit Modi
Additional Director Orthopaedics
Joint Replacement and Arthroscopy Surgeon
Orthopedic Surgeon Near Me
Pain in the muscles, joints, and ligaments are common issues that a lot of people deal with daily. This is especially the case for individuals in the sports field or those in their late 40’s or above. If you notice similar pain or discomfort in your limbs, the right type of doctor that you must visit is an orthopedic doctor.
However, what exactly do they specialize in? Not to mention, when should you visit them or what benefits would they offer? Before you begin searching for the “Best Orthopedic Surgeon Near Me”, learn these points. In this article, we shall discuss them further.
About Orthopedic Surgeon
Orthopedic doctors or orthopedic surgeons focus on conditions or injuries that affect the musculoskeletal system in the human body. They provide a diagnosis of the illnesses that affect hips, shoulders, and knees and handle treatment procedures. Typically, these medical specialists focus on repairing the ligaments, bones, joints, and skeletons.
What Does an Orthopaedic Surgeon Do?
Highly certified orthopedic surgeons like Dr. Lalit Modi provide healthcare services for bones, nerves, ligaments, joints, and tendons inside the human skeleton system. In general, they focus on particular parts of the body for treatment, such as:
- Knee Replacement
- Shoulder Replacement
- Hip Replacement
The main responsibilities of the Best Orthopaedic Surgeon Near Me that you find include:
- Diagnosis of causes for pain in the ligaments and joints in the limbs.
- Checking the medical history of patients with specialized equipment for judging the injury or fracture extent. Thereafter, they suggest the most suitable treatment method.
- Support with activities like strength training, ultrasounds, and exercises to improve the condition and strength of some body parts.
- Conducting blood tests for degenerative bone condition diagnosis.
- Offering medication for faster recovery.
- Surgical procedures for bone, ligament, nerve, joint, and tendon repairs.
- Planning rehabilitation programs for their patients to aid after surgery.
- Providing treatment for chronic and acute pain and injuries.
- Checking the healing process of patients and providing additional modifications to their treatment plans based on the assessment.
Reasons to See an Orthopaedic Surgeon
Common reasons why people visit orthopedic doctors like Dr. Modi include the following:
- Ankle sprain
- Fractures in the wrist, hip, vertebrae, kneecap, etc.
- Meniscus tear
- Hip/Shoulder-centric labral tear
- ACL rupture/Achilles tendon rupture
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis elbow
- Stress fracture
- Rotator cuff tear
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
What to Expect at the Orthopaedic Surgeon?
When you book an appointment with a specialist after searching “Best Orthopedic Surgeon Near Me”, they would first check your personal medical history. They would ask about the area of discomfort/pain and all regular physical activities that you engage in.
Through such discussion, your doctor would understand the main cause of the problem. Also, they would learn about your steps for managing the pain so far.
After the initial review, top specialists like Dr. Lalit Modi conduct additional diagnostic tests like x-rays and blood tests.
Treatment/Surgery Provided by Orthopedic Surgeon
The following are the main types of treatments that a Hip, Knee & Shoulder pain specialist focuses on.
They include both non-surgical and surgical measures.
A lot of the top orthopedic specialists like Dr. Modi offer conservative treatment plans for their patients. These procedures are what most of these specialists offer first instead of invasive operations like surgeries. The most common ones include:
- Immobilization– In many cases, pain occurs in the limbs or joints due to extra pressure in the areas. At these times, not moving the areas help, and orthopedic doctors fix braces, casts, and splints into place for controlled immobilization.
- Exercises– Doctors recommend stretching exercises and other activities that would help increase flexibility, strength, and movement range in limbs for people.
- Medications– A Hip, Knee & Shoulder pain specialist would also prescribe medication for their patients. They check the symptoms from illnesses that affect the ligaments, like swelling or pain. Thereafter, they suggest medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, anti-inflammatory medication, or corticosteroids.
Surgical Treatment Methods
If the injury is more extreme or due to internal issues, invasive procedures like surgeries are necessary. Specialists like Dr. Lalit Modi handle different types of surgical treatments for their patients. Common varieties here include:
- Internal fixation– Many orthopedic doctors fix items like plates, screws, pins, and rods inside the bones of patients for quicker healing.
- Joint replacement– Here, the Hip, Knee & Shoulder pain specialist would replace some diseased or damaged part of the patient’s joint for treatment. Arthritic patients get this type of procedure. Some variations include hip replacement or knee replacement surgeries.
- Osteotomy- During this surgical procedure, doctors like Dr. Lalit Modi cuts some part of the bone open. Then, they position it in another spot; commonly, doctors recommend this for arthritic patients.
- Fusion– For this process, orthopedic surgeons add internal fixation elements and bone grafts to link two bones to each other. After the area heals, the tissue of the two adjoining bones fuses organically. This is common for spine or neck surgeries.
- Soft tissue repair- Specialists like Dr. Lalit Modi conduct this surgery for damaged tendon, ligament, or muscle repairs.
- Release surgery- Doctors handle such surgical procedures for issues like carpal tunnel syndrome, typically to reduce stress on median nerves.
About Dr. Lalit Modi
Dr. Lalit Modi is one of the chief specialists for joint replacement surgery in Jaipur and holds high accreditations. The premier orthopedic surgeon holds MBBS, MS, DNB, MNAMS, Gold Medalist in Knee, Hip & Shoulder Specialist.
The professional offers medical service, surgery, and diagnosis support to patients in need of hip, limp, or joint treatments. Dr. Lalit Modi handles surgical procedures for the knee, shoulder, and ankle surgeries. He also offers additional guidance to his patients for a better quality of life.
Need help with your knee and hip joint issues? Reach out to Dr. Lalit Modi for assistance, or visit the jaipurjoints.com website for further information. We are always available for support!
Are orthopaedic surgeons and orthopaedic doctors the same?
Orthopedic doctors focus on the diagnosis and treatment of issues that affect the musculoskeletal system. Orthopedic surgeons handle similar responsibilities, but also specialize in surgical procedures?
Do orthopaedic doctors always suggest surgery?
No, the best doctors like Dr. Lalit Modi would assess your condition first before suggesting any treatment. In most cases, they recommend surgery as a last resort.
Should I get referrals to meet orthopaedic doctors?
Primary care doctors do suggest recommendations for orthopedic doctors. However, if you have pain or discomfort in your legs or joints for longer, directly visit a specialist like Dr. Lalit Modi.
How long do orthopaedic doctors train for?
Typically, orthopedic doctors train for approximately 14 years, including university education, medical school, residency, and fellowship.
When should I go to an orthopaedic doctor?
If you have pain in your limbs that is continuously present for over 12 weeks, visit an orthopedic doctor. Other indications you should consider are:
- If your legs wobble during standing or walking
- You cannot move your limbs as easily
- You cannot complete regular physical activities like jogging or walking up the stairs