Joint replacement surgery is a common surgery these days. People suffering from joint-related issues look out for a joint replacement surgeon in Jaipur and get it done. But some people are in confusion about what happens during joint replacement surgery. If you also have the same thought, here we are exploring each and every factor considering joint replacement surgery.
What Happens During Joint Replacement Surgery?
When you approach the joint replacement surgeon in Jaipur for the surgery primarily, he will analyze the joint. The analysis of the joint is important to reach a conclusion about the part in which it is required. It helps doctors to analyze the type of joint replacement surgery as well.
If we look at the broader aspect, majorly partial and total joint replacement surgery is a choice. It totally depends on the condition of the joint.
The Procedure of Joint Replacement Surgery:
In the joint replacement, the surgery doctor removes the damaged cartilage and bone from the joint and replaces it with the artificial component. The artificial component is known as a prosthetic implant which is made of metal, plastic, or ceramic.
The prosthetic implant considered has the same shape as the natural joint and contributes to mobility as well.
Stay at the Hospital During Surgery:
The stay at the hospital during joint replacement surgery depends on the condition and the procedure adopted. If you approach Dr. Lalit Modi in Jaipur for the treatment, he will help you to understand the procedure and all the relatable aspects. The duration for surgery completion requires two to three hours and rest depends on whether the person’s body is adapting to all the steps doctor is taking or not.
If a person is suffering from any prior problem, then chances are there the surgery make takes some more time because doctors take all the precautions to keep the patient safe.
Complications associated with Knee Joint Replacement.
Each operation conveys the risk of bleeding, blood clots, and infection. Your doctor will clarify these risks and how you can deal with limit them. The AAOS states that under 2% of the in excess of 600,000 individuals who have complete knee substitutions every year India has genuine difficulties.
Complications related to knee replacement surgery include:
- The artificial knee wearing out over time.
- Blood clots in the leg or lungs.
- Breathing issues brought about by the anesthesia.
- A heart. failure
- Knee stiffness.
- Nerve harm in the knee.
- A stroke.
- Tips for Recovery After Surgery:
The common tips which you need to keep in mind after joint replacement surgery are as follows:-
- For a while, a person needs to restrict their engagement in physical activities because this may disturb the prosthetic implant position or can say cause dislocation.
- Taking medicines regularly is important because these add to recovery and also reduce pain.
- A person needs to watch his weight because getting overweight may put pressure on the joint, which along leads to dislocation.
- After surgery, it is important to approach the physiotherapist because he will help in retaining the mobility of the joint.
- Regular checkup is also important because it allows the doctor to analyze the condition of the joint and change the medicines for enhancing the recovery period.
You May Also Read This: Causes of Joint Replacement Surgery.
This is all about joint replacement surgery. But make sure to approach to know about the joint replacement surgery cost as it depends on the procedure and the part of the body in which you are getting it. Ask the orthopedic surgeon you are approaching about it and reach a conclusion.