Fact about knee replacement surgery recovery
1- After 24-48 hours of knee replacement surgery, patients individually go for the toilet-related activities.
2- Weight-bearing is tolerated and knee bending is allowed by this time.
3- At around three weeks patients can participate in outdoor common activities.
4- Patients can continue their Job at 4 to 6 weeks.
5- Women can enter the kitchen and start all common activities as early as 4 weeks after the knee replacement surgery.
Things to remember after knee replacement surgery
- Resume to take any prescribed painkillers to help manage any pain & swelling
- Use your walking aids but aim to gradually decrease the dependency on them as your leg feels stronger
- Regular exercises: It helps to prevent stiffness.
- Do not sit with your legs crossed for six weeks after your operation
- Do not put a pillow underneath your knee while sleeping as this can leads to in a permanently bent knee
- Avoid bending at your knee
- While going outside wear supportive shoes
- Please Do not kneel on the operated knee without taking consultation with knee expert
- Raise your leg when sitting and use ice packs to help with any swelling
MBBS, MS, DNB, MNAMS, Gold Medalist,
Knee, Hip & Shoulder Specialist 10 Year Experience