What is Unicondylar Knee Replacement:
In Unicondylar knee replacement (also called ” Unicompartmental ” knee replacement) only a part of the knee is operated. This method is a choice to full knee replacement for sufferers whose infection is defined to just one section of the knee.Therefore, Unicondylar knee replacement is performed through a shorter cut, sufferers normally consume short time period in the hospital or clinic and return to regular movements fast as soon than total knee replacement patients.
Causes of Unicondylar Knee Replacement:
- Hurting while walking for small distances.
- Escalating down or upstairs.
- Feels pain when you are doing the regular activity.
- While sitting feeling of pain or stiffness.
- Joint stiffness after waking up from the bed.
- Due to Injury, swelling, redness around the infected area.
- Feel hardness or crutching in the knee during walking, motion and running.
Advantages of Unicondylar Knee Replacement:
The advantages of Unicondylar knee replacement over total knee replacement surgery involve:
- Faster improvement
- Limited hurt after an operation
- Less blood lack
- limited morbidity
- Low cost
- High success rate
- complications for a Short time period
Diagnosis of Unicondylar Knee Replacement:
If you are bearing from several of the given symptoms, you should book an appointment with a knee expert. Your surgeon will review:
- Your medical records and signs
- Make a clinical examination of your walking style, analysis pattern of getting up to the chair, your joint alignment, and stability of affected knee ligament.
Recovery at home:
- Take a halt for rest when you feel tired. You may need a rest, but don’t rest on the bed for the full day.
- When you lie or seat, use always a chair.
- You have to use your arms to push you to stand up.
- Using crutches or a walker for walking
- Don’t drive for few weeks
- Avoid those movements where you might be fall.
- Don’t use sitting for more than 1 hour at a time.
- Don’t lift any heavier things.
- Take only prescribed medicines
- Doing Rehabilitation exercises which are prescribed by your surgeon
- Use ice if you have swelling or pain
- Try to stay at your ideal weight.
In conclusion, For more information, please take an appointment to Dr.Lalit Modi