What is Unicondylar Knee Replacement:
In Unicondylar knee replacement (also called ” Unicompartmental ” knee replacement) only a part of the knee is operated. This method is a choice to full knee replacement for sufferers whose infection is defined to just one section of the knee.Therefore, Unicondylar knee replacement is performed through a shorter cut, sufferers normally consume short time period in the hospital or clinic and return to regular movements fast as soon than total knee replacement patients.
- Hurting while walking for small distances.
- Escalating down or upstairs.
- Feels pain when you are doing the regular activity.
- While sitting feeling of pain or stiffness.
- Joint stiffness after waking up from the bed.
- Due to Injury, swelling, redness around the infected area.
- Feel hardness or crutching in the knee during walking, motion and running.
Advantages of Unicondylar Knee Replacement:
The advantages of Unicondylar knee replacement over total knee replacement surgery involve:
- Faster improvement
- Limited hurt after an operation
- Less blood lack
- limited morbidity
- Low cost
- High success rate
- complications for a Short time period
Diagnosis of Unicondylar Knee Replacement:
If you are bearing from several of the given symptoms, you should book an appointment with a knee expert. Your surgeon will review:
- Your medical records and signs
- Make a clinical examination of your walking style, analysis pattern of getting up to the chair, your joint alignment, and stability of affected knee ligament.
Recovery at home:
- Take a halt for rest when you feel tired. You may need a rest, but don’t rest on the bed for the full day.
- When you lie or seat, use always a chair.
- You have to use your arms to push you to stand up.
- Using crutches or a walker for walking
- Don’t drive for few weeks
- Avoid those movements where you might be fall.
- Don’t use sitting for more than 1 hour at a time.
- Don’t lift any heavier things.
- Take only prescribed medicines
- Doing Rehabilitation exercises which are prescribed by your surgeon
- Use ice if you have swelling or pain
- Try to stay at your ideal weight.
In conclusion, For more information, please take an appointment to Dr.Lalit Modi