Joints generally connect the bones and offer to support them. Joints also help you move. Sometimes you feel difficulty in the movement that may be due to any sort of damage to the joints. Any injury or disease may cause joint pain. This is an extremely common medical condition.
Joint pain and stiffness are common and it starts with aging. There are so many examinations and tests are conducted by the experts to examine the joint conditions.
Common signs and symptoms of joint pain:
- Joint Locking
- Difficulty in moving
- Joint warmth
- Swelling and tenderness in Joint
- Joint redness
Common causes of painful joints:
There may be so many common causes of joints pain that may include:
- Osteoarthritis: This is common arthritis issue that affects millions of people worldwide every year. Bones actually have protective cartilages on the ends and with aging or any other factor, this protective cartilage wears down and cause this health issue. It mostly affects the joints in the spine, hip, knee, and hands.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: this disabling autoimmune disease can cause joint pain, inflammation, and swelling. It can occur in any joints but it affects joints in feet and hands first.
- Bursitis: Sometimes swelling and inflammation of a bursa (cushion between bones and tendons) can cause joint pain.
- Gout: excess uric acid in the bloodstream may cause the issue. This form of arthritis is associated with the formation of uric acid crystals in the joints.
- Sprains, and other injuries
- Any injury affect any tendon, bursae or ligament surrounding joint
- Bone cancer: sensitivity and swelling near a bone may cause joint pain due to bone cancer.
- Broken bone or fracture
- Rickets and some medical conditions
How to find relief from joint pain?
This is a common condition and people have to deal with the bone pain for so many reasons we have mentioned above. If you have been suffering from any such issue, then you need to know all about the methods that can provide you relief from joint pain.
It can be the best way to ease joint pain and stiffness. It helps increase mobility and maintains a healthy weight. Carrying access calories can increase the risk of joints pain. You can consult with a trained and experienced physical therapist to begin exercising properly.
- Hot and cold compress:
You can apply an ice bag or cold compress over the painful and stiffed joints for 15 to20 minutes. It helps to reduce swelling and inflammation and dull pain receptors. You can also use the heating pads to increase circulation and make the muscles relaxed.
When to see the doctor?
You should seek medical help if you experience joint pain and stiffness suddenly and it does not resolve within a week. If you experience some signs like joint deformity, rapid swelling, severe pain, inability to move the joints, intense and swelling joints, redness and much more, then this is the right time to see the doctor.