Total Knee replacement, also known as knee arthroplasty, is a procedure that uses metal or plastic implants to replace damaged knee joints. It’s a common technique that works well for pain and stiffness caused by injury or arthritis. After your knee replacement and rehabilitation, you can resume your normal activities and tasks.
What is Total Knee replacement surgery?
Who gets knee replacement surgery?
If you have any of the following symptoms, knee replacement surgery may be an option for you:
- Arthritis or a knee injury has severely damaged the joint’s mating surfaces.
- Pain and stiffness make it difficult to perform ordinary tasks like walking up and down stairs or getting in and out of a car.
- Rest and medication won’t make the swelling and inflammation go away.
- Your knee has a deformed appearance, such as being swollen or oddly shaped.
And because of this, there are many advantages if you go for knee replacement surgery so some of them are: –
Advantages of Knee replacement surgery
- The range of motion has been increased.
- Return to activities sooner
- Physical therapy should begin soon away.
- Smaller incisions
- A shorter hospital stay is closely linked to minimally invasive knee surgery.
- Because of invasive knee surgery a person needs to stay in hospital for 1-2 days rather than 3-4 days.
So, these are the advantages of Knee replacement surgery. If you want to know more about the replacement then contact Dr. Lalit Modi at Jaipur (Rajasthan). He gives you all the information about the advantages of knee replacement and clears all your doubts.
A patient considering any type of knee surgery should first consult with their orthopedic surgeon to learn more about the procedure’s benefits and drawbacks, especially in light of their knee anatomy, arthritis, lifestyle, and overall health.
Learn more at your consultation with Dr. Lalit Modi, an Orthopedic surgeon. He is one of the topmost doctors in Jaipur (Rajasthan). He provides you the treatment with modern techniques. Moreover, Dr. Lalit Modi has done many surgeries. So, if you face any problem before surgery then contact him in Jaipur (Rajasthan). Whom are you waiting for? Go and check out his website and contact him as soon as possible. So, you can take all precautions before the procedure.