Knee replacement surgery is a common surgery these days. It is the operation in which replacing of damage or deceased knee with artificial joint takes place. It is majorly for old patients who are dealing with arthritis or have constant pain in their knees. But if a person has met an accident and the knee joint gets damaged, they can approach the knee replacement in Jaipur and get the surgery done. But people have thought about is knee replacement surgery successful or not. Let’s discuss the same aspect in detail for a better understanding.
The Success Rate of Knee Replacement Surgery in 2022:
Exploring the success rate of knee replacement surgery, you will be glad to know when 90% of people are happy with it, and they have not to face any problem for 10-15 years after the surgery. But it is essential for a person to pay attention to recovery. In case they are not paying attention to the recovery, then only the success rate will have a downfall.
During the recovery period, especially in starting 12 months, a person needs to be sure about every activity in which they are engaging. The doctor will suggest you a complete recovery plan because it is essential for a smooth recovery period. When you approach the surgeon for knee replacement surgery in Jaipur, he will clear and everything in advance to you so that you can prepare yourself mentally and physically for the same.
Things to Consider During the Recovery Period:
When we are talking about recovery, it is also essential to know about certain things related to the same. These are as follows:
- A person needs to be sure about the diet they are consuming. Make sure not to consume the diet which contributes to fat in the initial days. In the initial months after the surgery, a person needs to maintain the body-weight so that there will be no pressure on the artificial implant.
- Make sure to take the medicines timely. Regular medicines are important because, in the starting months, we will have anti-inflammatory medicines and some over-the-counter pain medicines to reduce the pain. After it, there will be some multivitamins and calcium tablets that contribute to a smooth and stable recovery period.
- A person is not supposed to engage in extensive activities because extensive activities can cause dislocation and pain. In the initial weeks, a person needs to take complete rest.
- A visit to a physiotherapist is also important. The physiotherapist will understand all the exercises which are important to perform. These are important for maintaining mobility.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to visit the doctor at the scheduled appointment. The doctor will figure out about the recovery and suggested the best medicine for a stable recovery period.
So yes, it is right to conclude that knee replacement surgery is a successful surgery, and more than 90% of people are happy with it. The success rate can also be affected if a person is not paying attention to the recovery period or their body is not responding to the treatment appropriately.
You May Also Read: How to choose the best knee replacement surgeon for your knee surgery?
If you have gone for knee replacement surgery or planning to go for it, approach Dr. Lalit Modi in Jaipur. He is the best knee replacement surgeon having years of experience in treating patients with deceased in the knee or facing any problem. Discuss the problem with him and understand the treatment. For sure, you will not regret your decision of choosing him for the surgery.